"North Korea: Nuclear War Could Erupt at Any Moment."
"Pence to North Korea: Don't Test Trump."
Below is a quote from the article, Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki:
"After the Interim Committee decided to drop the bomb, the Target Committee determined the locations to be hit, and President Truman issued the Potsdam Proclamation as Japan’s final warning, the world soon learned the meaning of “complete and utter destruction.” The first two atomic bombs ever used were dropped on Japan in early August, 1945."
Seven decades after the United States unleashed "Little Boy" and "Fat Man" on the two Japanese cities, it's critical that Americans understand the two major differences between nuclear war in 1945 and 2017.
The catastrophic differences are:
- Nuclear weapons are more advanced than they were 72 years ago.
- Unlike Japan, North Korea has the ability to counter a nuclear attack launched by America.
After the 1945 calamity, listed below are the deleterious effects that befell the Japanese population:
- Over 90% of persons within 500 meters (1,600 ft) of ground zero in both cities died.
- Anyone in the open air was either vaporized or turned to carbon in an instant.
- "Little Boy" was detonated over the center of Hiroshima, 140,000 people killed.
- "Fat Man" exploded over the outskirts of Nagasaki, 70,000 people killed.
- Temperatures on the ground reached 9000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- People near the hypocenter were instantly vaporized.
- Winds from the explosion reached 1000 mph.
We must put aside racial, religious, and political differences and ask ourselves the question: Are we as a nation of lucid thinking Americans going to sit back and allow this to happen? In a Nuclear War, there are no winners!
Do you know what Albert Einstein meant when he stated, "I don't know what weapons will be fought in WWIII, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
The 31st President of the U.S., Herbert Hoover stated, "Older men declare war, but it is the youth that must fight and die."
Where are Pope Francis (the purported 'Vicar of Christ'), the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican? Where are the megachurch leaders across the globe? Could it be their silence verifies the fact that Religion and War are birds of the same malevolent, financially manipulative feather?
I think we know the answer. The Church did not step in to stop Chattel Slavery; the Church did nothing to prevent the Holocaust; the Church stood silently by and allowed the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
It's time to take a stand. It's time to get our collective heads out of the sand. The late astrophysicist Carl Sagan also told us, "In all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves." In other words, 'Jesus is not coming out of the clouds' because that particular myth will never be true, no matter how strong or faithful you may be. The millions of casualties that will be the result of a nuclear war, will be predominately civilians. One out of two American soldiers will not make it back home.